- Hormone Replacement therapy reduces all cause mortality by 23%?
- Eating smaller portions or eating fewer calories increases life expectancy
- High sugar in the diet is linked to a multitude of different illnesses such as Cardiovascular disease, Hypertension, Stroke, Diabetes, Cancer and Obesity.
- The number one cause for mortality in North America is Obesity because of all the serious conditions associated. A BMI > 30 is considered Obesity and > 40 is morbid obesity.
- Many Prescription Medications deplete the body of very important nutrients. Some of these are CoQ10, Melatonin, B-Vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Folic acid, B12, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc and Glutathione. More often than not your doctor is not aware of this complication or is not realizing its effect on your health status.
It’s time to step out of the paradigm that says “It’s because you’re getting old”
Chronic pain, insomnia, low mood, weight gain, poor lab values, disease diagnosis etc are not all reasons to buy into the system that says we get unhealthier as we get older. Yes there are many diseases of aging but most are preventable.
We often hear people comment that they are at the peak of their health in midlife, or that after putting health systems into practice they feel better than they ever have.
Lifestyle habits, nutrition, exercise, mind-body connection all have shown to add significant value to the health of the “aging” body. We all have to come to terms with getting older but we don’t have to come to terms with getting unhealthier. We can be proactive and preventative with our approach to health instead of reactive. It’s time to change the paradigm from managing illness to living in wellness.